Bracken Ridge Baptist Church is committed to the safety and well-being of all children and young people, including those who use our services. Our staff and volunteers will treat them with respect and understanding and address their concerns at all times. Bracken Ridge Baptist Church will endeavour to provide a safe and supportive environment for children and young people by screening and thoroughly training all staff and volunteers in all policies and procedures, enforcing a strict code of conduct while highlighting our desire to see each child succeed in their physical, emotional and spiritual development.
Bracken Ridge Baptist Church adheres to Royal Commissions Child Safe Standards. We uphold the rights of the child consistent with Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the rights of the Child. The Child safe standards are;
1. Child safety is embedded in institutional leadership, governance and culture
2. Children participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously
3. Families and communities are informed and involved
4. Equity is upheld and diverse needs are taken into account
5. People working with children are suitable and supported
6. Processes to respond to complaints of child sexual abuse are child focused
7. Staff are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children safe
through continual education and training
8. Physical and online environments minimise the opportunity for abuse to occur
9. Implementation of the Child Safe Standards is continuously reviewed and improved
10. Policies and procedures document how the institution is child safe.